Honduran Flag

Honduran Flag

Monday, 2 December 2013

Day one of Living below the line

It's the first day of the challenge and it hasn't got off to a great start.

As milk is expensive and would have taken up too much of my budget, I thought it would have been a good idea to add a little apple and blackcurrant juice to the water for my porridge. How wrong I was!!

You can't really tell from this picture but my porridge turned a purple colour from the juice which, wasn't actually that bad. The taste however was. It had a kind of chemically taste to it which didn't go down well with my taste buds. The first 1/4 of a spoonful I had (and it really was only a 1/4) I started heaving. It was absolutely disgusting! I wouldn't recommend trying this. I thought it might have been the amount of juice I added but the actual juice itself tasted vile. Maybe it would work with better quality juice. I plodded on trying to eat as much as I could but only managed 2 whole spoonfuls, not a lot to start my day with. I honestly tried to eat it but just couldn't stand the taste. I'm not one to ever waste food but this had to be the exception. I'll stick with plain old water tomorrow.

I finished the rest of the shopping and have 1.11 left over. I'm quite pleased with that as it means I have money for emergencies. Iv'e worked out I will have enough bread to allow myself 4 slices a day for my lettuce and Cucumber sandwiches and some spare for a fish-finger buttie.
There are 9 small Bananas in a pack costing 68p which I think is pretty good. I shall be having one everyday after work if they will keep that long. There were 8 apples in a pack so I have 7 left to last me. I will have to have a think when I will need them the most and use them accordingly.

So by the end of the day I will have eaten:

Two spoonfuls of Porridge, with apple and blackcurrant Juice
1 apple
Packet of ready salted crisps (64p for 6 pack)
Lettuce and Cucumber sandwich, with 4 slices of bread
Fish-finger buttie with 2 slices of bread and 2 fish fingers.

Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment