Honduran Flag

Honduran Flag

Monday, 11 August 2014

Final preparations and goodbyes

Tomorrow morning I shall begin my journey to Honduras. The last few days have been spent rushing around getting the last bits together. I still have a few more things to put into my case.

Today I found out that I will be living with a host family which I am very pleased about as it will give me a real insight to the lives of people in Honduras. It also turns out that I will be living with the family of a Honduran volunteer who is currently in the UK volunteering in a homeless organisation, so I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about when he returns to Honduras.

I am really looking forward to being in Honduras, learning the language and getting to know the culture, however I have been thinking about the things I will miss, there are far too many to mention! I'm sure I will blog about them when I'm really starting to miss them.

Today was a day spent with my family saying goodbye to everyone. It seems really strange that I won't be-able to see them or speak to them for a whole year, though my sister has forced me to create a skype account and she will probably start moaning if I don't use it!

With thanks to Hazels footprints trust I have nearly reached my fundraising target which means ICYE can fully support me and many other volunteers around the world.

I have a taxi booked for 7.30am to take me to the airport so I'm off now to enjoy my last night in the UK (and my own bed!) Oh and enjoy another piece of cake my sister made!




No comments:

Post a Comment